BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Hasta Ayer" by Marc Anthony

Please understand I don't mean to offend you
nor am trying to be forward.
For you are the sole owner of your life
of your body and your nights.
I confess I fell in love as a child would
but I also confess I have no regrets.
I enjoyed your experience
until I calmed my anxiety.

I was the master of her bedroom
and pillows.
I had her kiss for kiss,
skin against skin.
And the sun surprised us in the morning
now tired of delirium and pleasure.

Till yesterday, till yesterday.
And pardon me madam
but when the soul cries
silence isn't the remedy to calm suffering.

Till yesterday, yesterday
I find out my elegant lady
now has another lover
who maybe in time
she will treat like she did me.

She bound me with her kisses
until I was her prisoner
and kept me in her ruthless games
by showing me her passion.
And then came betrayal.
And as if I were a child she told me her love
she could give to who ever she felt like.
Such a horrible woman
and I still can't bring myself to say anything against her.
She played with my emotions
to a point I no longer believe in women's lies or their tears.

0 comments: