BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Porque hablamos" by Ricardo Arjona and Ednita Nazario

HIM / HER / BOTH

You say,
then I say
And that's how our daily war starts.
I arm myself with adjectives,
you conjugate the worst part of my past.

I aim where it hurts
and remind you of the worst of your sins.
You get all deffensive
and fire where you knew it hurt the worst.

On the battle field
lays the minutes of time we're killing.
You say,
then I say.
And that's how the daily war ends,
this war without reason that no one wins.

Because we argue
and we don't use that time to kiss
to paint with our hands the carresses we desire
and we don't give each other...
..Because we argue
about what's yours and mine
about the past and who's to blame
while an other minute dies because we argue.

I already told you
it's not true.
You already said you aren't what I said.
Nobody settles,
neither accepts.
We each only trust in our own words.

Now the ghost of doubt
opens way to what ever lays ahead.
And the 'now' that's slowly dieing,
finds comfort in what little we have left.

I love you
and you love me.
But we're both too ignorant to agree.
And as an other day rises
we are left with wounds that will never heal.
Wounds from an illness called "I said too much".

YouTube Song

0 comments: